Daniil Kolchanov (born Pyatigorsk). Graduated the Rodchenko School of Photography and Multimedia. (workshop of Igor Mukhin). Works mainly with images and photography. His practice is based on a documentary tradition and a personal diary approach, which consists of a mixture of portraits, landscapes and still lifes, which were later transformed into something more complex. The main themes of his works are nature, the dualism of life, human experience and feelings, youth and subcultures, the concept of “home” and “little man”, honesty, rudeness and frankness. Lives and works in Moscow.
- 2017 – Residence from The Swatch Art Peace Hotel, Shanghai, China.
- 2019 – “Not all who wander are lost. Paths into China”. Jigongshan International Art Park. China.
- 2019 – “Air, water, earth … Back to Nature”. 9th. BIPF. Bursa, Turkey.
- 2019 – “Architecture of water”. Center for Contemporary Art Zarya. Vladivostok, Russia.
- 2017 – “Eighth level”. Center for Contemporary Art Winzavod. Moscow, Russia.
- 2016 – Equator. Gallery on Shabolovka. Moscow, Russia.
- 2016 – “Field of View”. Parallel program of the Moscow International Biennale for Young Art. Lumiere Brothers Center for Photography. Moscow, Russia.
- 2016 – “Another Moscow”. Gallery of the Rodchenko School. Moscow, Russia.
- 2015 – Spillikins. Gallery Zagorje. Moscow, Russia.